Sunday, September 2, 2018

Kekemeren Valley

After Suusamyr the road was still bad and tricky, switching sides every now and than, to avoid the wavelets. The first village I cycle through was Kojomkul.
Nobody around, few voices of kids playing, one distant truck turning left on a side road, abandoned houses, or never finished constructions, curios dogs, wavelets, broken road, old rusty skeletons of some soviet machinery. There is beauty in desolation.


The road down the Kekemeren valley became more interesting, narrow, canyon like, red rocks.
Along the Suusamyr river (as google maps says). My sight was switching to the left and to the right admiring all this beauty. Geologically speaking it’s interesting to see all this diversity. Where some people just sees rocks and mountains others will see plenty of nuances.
Suddenly the bicycle pushed violently to the right side, my front tire sunck in the soft sand, sliding I fell, fortunately not to fast. Two little cuts, and some fright but no serious damage.
The trailer flipped on a big rock standing in the road and took me down with it because I was totally unprepared. This is the prize for to much mountain watching.
I had to stop more often to avoid such episodes.
Along the road I met with two brothers from Bishkek on a day fishing trip. They offered me tea, eggs, bread, and chicken.
I left after 1 hour break and stomach full with the intent to keep going... until the next village at least.
I’ve reached Kyzyl-Oi, and decided to stop, the place was enchanted and I did my little 30 or 40 kilometers.

In Kyzyl-Oi, the thing I did was seating and watching, the sky painting shadow clouds on the mountain in front of me.
Little magic tricks that life’s plays in front of us.
Talking with Dima a driver, and a group of Italian mountaineers for dinner.
The day after, almost... the same scenery.



No comments:

Post a Comment