Monday, August 13, 2018

Preparing for Kyrgyzstan

Many things to think about, camping gear, warm clothes or summer clothes, bicycle tools, cooking things, documents, maps, gather some basic information, etc... etc... 
We can easily spend a week in preparing... And hopefully nothing will be missed once the travel starts.

Photo taken on July 1th 2018, Sacro Monte, Italy.
It is a definitely good experience, to cycle first not to far, as you may test your gear, endurance, cycling comfort, etc... I discovered that, my riding position was not optimal, as I had the "Ulnar Problem" and a lack of sensitivity on both little finger, and ring finger. 
Water... I discovered that I really dislike the typical bicycle bottles, the plastic ones, even the one's with better quality material, I always had a plastic taste in my water after one day riding. Means, that the water had been stored in the plastic bottle the whole day, in elevated temperatures (30C+).

The option is to have Stainless Steel bottles, so I started to search for lightweight Stainless Steel bottles, and found two brands that are really awesome.
24 Bottles and Klean Kanteen . This bottles are just wonderful and your water will always taste as water.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment