Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The road

20th August I left Bishkek at 10 am.
The roads in town can be very bumpy with many holes, and not to mention I took few of them.
A sudden panic attack as my bag detached from the rear rack and got stuck in between the rear rack and the wheel...
A small thing like that, could have broken the wheel, and to find replacement parts ... Good luck.
Cycling is freedom and nice, but bicycles are fragile and a pain in the ass to repair on the road.
Traffic was not bad, even in the capital of Kyrgyzstan.
I headed south-east direction Kegeti at 1000 meters, and after there is the Kegeti mountain pass at 3800 meters.
The smell of nature, fields, agriculture, hit my senses at first, and suddenly I was cycling on a dirt road, managing bumps and stones, and trying to figure out how long the trailer and my bags will hold in place, without breaking anything.
The day was warm and sunny, 37C, I’ve prepared plenty of water, and food for the road.
Dropping into the unknown, it’s always challenging, it’s part of our nature to feel good where we recognize places and people. Fear must be fought, the beauty must be conquered.
Eventually the fear will dissipate, the beauty of this world will take over.













1 comment: