Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Eldos

The way down from Karakol Ashuu mountain pass, was miserable, cold, tired, wet, and really hungry... And a steep rocky downhill to shake my body up. ...Rain, cold rain started drop by drop, wind was pushing me left, violently.
Weather on more than 3000 meters altitude it’s no joke.






I tried to push down the valley, but did not go far, as the road conditions were not good, rivers to cross (that was actually pretty fun, because I succeeded without soaking my feet wet), and wind started to blew seriously ferociously accompanied by cold icy rain.
I made up my mind and decided to go begging for a shelter.
3100 meters.
One man was standing by his cabin waiting to see what this foreigner on a bicycle wanted.

Eldos.
This guy had some serious eyes, I did expect some: Hey! Hello! What you need?
It came naturally out from my mouth: I need a place where to drop, my tent or a shelter and something warm to eat. (Obviously they don’t speak English and I did not ask in English but Russian).
Eldos (took me a few time to remember the name), just took me in, and gave me food and hot tea and coffee. And told me that I could have stayed there for the night.
The day after was as clear as it could get, and cold, I’ve put the tent up but did sleep in the cabin as it was warmer. The morning the tent was iced, and after coffee and meat, Eldos told me that he was going down in 10 days, winter was coming... I could already feel it. And I started wondering about my trip and high altitude places...






No comments:

Post a Comment