Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The second day

Second to none...
The day before I ended my cycling day at night, if I remember correctly 22pm, I’ve managed to find a good spot by the river, setup the tent, cook some pasta, take a bath in the cold river at night and go to sleep.






The morning was grey, cold and wet...
I woke up at 6am, hearing the drops hitting the fabric of the tent. I’ve decided to go back to sleep...
Woke up again at 08am and again rain, went back to sleep, and woke up again at 10am, went back to sleep... 
At 12, I moved, packed, and started climbing. The weather was grey and a bit rainy, but what to do? Just keep going.
Yep... Just keep pedaling.
The more I was climbing up and the colder it was and the thin rain of the dense fog did not make anything easier, I was totally wet and cold.
Some people I’ve stopped on the road going back, did not had any good news for me, they turned the car and where driving back. As I’ve asked for some information: No there is nothing up there, no campsites no yurts no one, the road is to bad... I was totally freaked. Did not know what to do, keep going or going back?
Got some nerve in my spine, and pushed up, with the knowledge that if anything happens I was well equipped and plenty of food.
I’ve managed to climb 500 meters, reached 2000, and had the chance to find oncle Vitia (Vitaliy?), a man living on the edge of civilization summer and winter all by him self, with gooses, chicken, trouts, and dogs.
He gave me a cabin, with everything I needed, a bed, a fire place, some wood, and the cold river where to wash.
Two days went by, and the weather changed.









No comments:

Post a Comment